Here at Increase The Peace one of our key objectives is to stop young people carrying knives. It is a persistent and worrying concern for us, particularly due to if affecting young people and those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
Here are the UK statistics from 2019 which show how worrying knife crime really is ….. and please remember these are only reported crimes, thousands of which go unreported.
• 47,000 reports of
• 285 murders using a knife or sharp object (a rise from 212 in 2017).
• London recorder the highest rate of
• There were 22,306 disposals given for possession of a knife or sharp object. Juveniles aged 10-17 were the offenders in 20% of cases.
• There were 5,149 finished consultant episodes recorder – 41% higher than in 2014/15.
• Gwent had the lowest rate of
These figures are way too high and we promise to keep supporting, educating and mentoring our young people to understand the dangers of carrying
If you need help or advice regards knife crime and young people please don’t hesitate to contact Increase The Peace. We guarantee all information will be kept confidential.
Let’s all work together to prevent knife crime …. and increase the peace!